Saturday, May 24, 2008

I love my mother, but...

My mother is truly a wonderful woman. She loves Jesus, is totally kind to people, and loves to serve.

But sometimes, she kinda freaks me out.


Tonight we went to Old Town to eat dinner and then we walked down to the waterfront for a little while. It was kind of a farewell to VA for the summer, and it was nice. But at dinner, we had the following conversation.

Mom: I'm gonna tell you something I saw, and then you can decide for yourself the rest of the story.

Me: Uh...OK.

Mom: I just saw this woman come out of the alley over there, and she was wearing a sweater and her hair was in a pony tail. After she got out of the alley, she buttoned up her sweater a little more and pulled her hair out of the ponytail and shook it out. What do you think the deal with that is?

Me: Um...I don't know. Maybe she just got off work or something like that.

Mom: When we're done eating, lets go see what's back there.

Everyone Else: Yeah! Okay!

Me: YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

Did I mention that my dad is out of town? My mother was about to lead us into an unknown alley in the growing darkness....yeah. Luckily, it was private property, so she did not lead us there....but she laughed at me a lot for getting so freaked out.

Maybe it wasn't a big deal...but the idea that no one would notice if we went missing bothered me a little...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new blog! That is pretty creepy, but you could have had a great story to tell if you did go investigate. A story about Virginian Mob Boss would be quite exciting.

tsbjf said...

Woah, that is random.

Joelwasso said...

BETHIE TOMORROW WE"RE GOING TO CAMP!!!!

Matt said...

I wish that story had ended with "and then we found what was in the alley...." You really let me down on that story ending. Now I will be forever wondering what was back there.