Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hello, Summer!




Summer has certainly crept up on me this year. Living in a new place was supposed to be scary and different, but it feels pretty normal now...

Tonight was the closing ceremony for AWANA. It was full of cute children reciting bible verses and smiling for cameras. While we were waiting, a little girl in Cubbies kept shouting my name, trying to get my attention. When I finally heard and turned around, she smiled, and waved a little, as if she were too shy to actually say anything...except my name as loud as possible. Yeah.

Another sign of summer is the increasingly warm weather. While this is lovely, I have almost no summer clothes...which means I am quite often too hot for my own good. :P Anyway, a shopping trip is soon in order.

Last night we went into DC to look at the monuments all lit up in the dark...I'm pretty sure that any person visiting our Nation's Capital should go at night to the WWII memorial...it's pretty amazing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, what a sight!

Rachel said...

Dear TB,
Thanks for your comment. I haven't hardly stopped working on house stuff since I've been home.
One day, though, I will call you. And it will be like rain in the desert...

or something.