Monday, July 25, 2011

Having Trouble Sleeping

Well, life as a newlywed is pretty great. I love my husband, and living with him is not hard at all. He likes to keep things clean, and so do I. He helps with the dishes and laundry and cleaning the bathroom. He takes out the trash. He is basically wonderful. The only problem is, I can't sleep.
Every time I wake up in the middle of the night, I have to fight for my blankets. This morning when I woke up, he had stolen one of my pillows. He had three. He becomes a faceless blob of blankets while he sleeps, and I can't do anything about it.
I feel free to complain about this on the web because I believe he has it worse. He wakes up to every sound in the night, so he requires a fan blowing on his face to drown out noise. I roll over about every hour or two while sleeping, and wake my poor husband in the process. When morning comes, neither of us has slept well, and it is entirely the other person's fault.
I know this is a common problem for new couples, but still. It's pretty annoying. It's a good thing I like this man, or I would've already kicked him to the couch just so I could get some sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bethy! I'm so glad you started writing on your blog again! And I can definitely relate to this post when I first got married, too. For the first few months, Israel and I both had trouble sleeping. It's just strange sleeping next to someone! But don't worry, your body will adjust and you'll soon get used to it. :)